Varner & Brandt LLP continually seeks highly skilled attorneys and legal staff who are team players dedicated to high-quality service in the legal and business industries, have a strong work ethic, are committed to the community and are also willing to have a little fun. We offer a great location in historic downtown Riverside and competitive salaries and benefits. We currently have the following positions open on our legal team:
Current Open Attorney Positions:
Corporate Transactional Attorney: Available opportunity in our Riverside office for a corporate transactional attorney to join our highly successful corporate/real estate transactional team. Potential candidates must have one to three years of business and transactional law practice experience (practice areas include: mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, real estate development and business formation). The following are requirements for this position:
- Prior business/transactional experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced culture.
- Must have initiative, be able to act decisively, work independently and exercise excellent and ethical judgment.
We always welcome inquiries from attorneys with a book of business looking to expand their practice and skills.
Current Open Support Staff Positions:
Corporate/Transactional Legal Assistant : An opportunity is available in our Riverside office for an experienced legal assistant with comprehensive transactional knowledge and top-notch technical, communication and administrative skills. Job duties include working with our transactional attorneys, document preparation, maintaining and processing client information, and managing the progression of matters. Familiarity with complex business transactions and associated documentation is required. This position requires excellent technical, administrative, communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work well independently and with others in a team oriented and demanding office environment.
A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and document management systems strongly preferred. Only candidates with a minimum of 3 years of recent law firm experience in a transactional department will be considered.
Litigation Legal Assistant: Opportunity available in our Riverside office for a litigation legal assistant with 3+ years litigation/labor and employment law experience. Must have proficiencies in: WP/Word, letter/document preparation, memos, office organization, calendaring, filing, and must have experience with filings in state and federal courts, and be able to perform various legal administrative duties.
- Must be an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary/Assistant well versed in the litigation process, 3+ years of experience.
- Must have a stable background, preferably with small to mid-size law firms.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of State and Federal court filing requirements, including experience with e-filing.
- Must have strong knowledge of court rules, dates, procedures.
- Possess strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ideal candidates will have strong software skills and knowledge.
Submit all resumes to:
Kevin B. Varner, Director of Firm Development
Email: Kevin Varner
3750 University Avenue, Ste 610
Riverside, CA 92501