Paul Nolan is a litigation attorney entering his 25th year of practice in all facets of litigation. His practice involves a range of complex litigation, with specialization in the areas of construction, general liability, premises liability, transportation, and business litigation. Paul’s experience in these various areas of the law have allowed him to develop practical solutions and recommendations for clients in all litigation forums, including litigation prevention and risk management. An experienced trial lawyer, Paul is also adept in all aspects of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, and is widely recognized by national and global developers and contractors, including Fortune 500 companies, for his results.
Paul was the managing partner of two separate satellite law offices for a national firm for over 14 years. During that time frame he developed a unique set of skills related to the implementation of sound employment policies. He utilized this experience to develop a labor and employment practice that focuses on risk identification, avoidance and management.
- Labor and Employment
- Appellate Law
- Commercial & Business Litigation
- Consumer Finance Litigation
- Complex Tort & Casualty
- General Liability
- Product Liability
- Toxic Tort and Occupational Exposure
- Transportation and Logistics
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Board Member - Riverside Chapter (1999 - 2002)
- Occupational Exposures: Risk Management Strategies to Avoid the Toxic Tort Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc., March 2008.
- Recent Trends and Market Influence on Homebuilder Exposure National Association of Homebuilders Annual Conference, September 2008.
- Hot Topics in Construction Defect Litigation Construction Defect Continuing Education Seminar - San Diego, October 2009.
- An Update on SB800: The Beginning of the End or the End of the Beginning? Construction Defect Continuing Education Seminar - San Diego, October 2010.
- Arbitration, What Is It Good For? San Diego County Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Seminar - San Diego, April 2011
- More Hot Topics in Construction Defect Litigation Construction Defect Continuing Education Seminar - San Diego, September 2011
- Nuts and Bolts of Construction Defect Litigation Continuing Education Seminar - Irvine, February 2012
- CEO Summit - “From Managing to Leading” University of La Verne College of Business & Public Management Advisory Board, March 2015
- “Subrogation is not the Type of Intervention I Need. How a Subrogated Insurer affects Construction Defect Matters”, West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, Irvine May 17, 2018
- “Everyone is a Small Player” West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, Irvine May 17, 2018
- Building Industry Association of Southern California
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution – Pepperdine Caruso School of Law (March 2022)
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of Redlands (B.A., 1994)
- The State Bar of California