Nicole Varner Orue is an attorney in the Varner & Brandt’s Riverside office. Her practice areas include Labor & Employment and Business Litigation.
Nicole received her Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in Liberal Studies and Art History with a minor in French from the University of Notre Dame. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from University of California, Hastings College of Law. Prior to joining Varner & Brandt, Nicole was a Deputy District Attorney for the County of Orange. During her 11-year tenure as a prosecutor, Nicole tried numerous jury trials, including both misdemeanor and felony cases. Nicole was a member of the Sexual Assault Unit with a practice area focused on prosecution of Sexually Violent Predators. Nicole also spent time in the Appellate and Training Unit helping implement the Orange County Prosecutor’s College and New Deputy Training Programs. Nicole was a team leader for the Gang Reduction Intervention Partnership which taught gang intervention classes to 4th graders at local schools.
When not practicing law, Nicole enjoys traveling, good wine, photography, cheering the Irish football team to victory and spending time with her husband Brian, baby Bruce, and Labrador retriever, Johnnie Walker.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Trial Practice
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Gang Reduction Intervention Partnership, Past Team Leader
- Believe Walk, Chief Photographer
- Sheriff’s Academy, Newport Beach, CA - Instructed at New Sheriff’s Training Academy on DUIs, Boating under the Influence and Avoiding Common Courtroom Pitfalls When Testifying.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, JD, 2003
- University of San Diego, Florence, Italy, Study Abroad May-June 2001
- University of Notre Dame, Indiana, BA, magna cum laude, 2000
- University of Notre Dame, London Program, London, England, Study Abroad, Spring 1999
- The State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Central District of California)