Matthew B. Neufeld is an attorney for Varner & Brandt’s Labor & Employment and Business Litigation Teams in Riverside. Matt represents clients in court in all phases of litigation for business, employment, and other civil litigation matters. Matt also focuses on representing and advising California employers in all aspects of federal and state employment laws.
Matt received his law degree from William & Mary Law School in Williamsburg, Virginia. His legal experience while at William & Mary include: holding a Law Clerk position at a plaintiff’s employment law firm, working as a Research Assistant for the Vice Dean and Clinical Director of the Law School, and representing veterans for the Lewis P Puller, Jr. Veterans Benefits Clinic. Matt was also a member of the William & Mary Business Law Review and worked as a Legal Extern for the California Department of Justice, Employment & Administrative Mandate Section in Los Angeles.
Prior to law school, Matt graduated with highest honors from the University of California, Riverside with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance. While at UCR Matt worked for Riverside County’s Economic Development Agency where he discovered his passion to assist small business owners in Southern California.
Matt enjoys spending his free time playing basketball, snowboarding, and discussing sports analytics.
- Labor and Employment
- Business Litigation
- Trial Practice
Honors & Awards
- William & Mary Business Law Review
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Advise local high school and undergraduate students in their pursuit of a higher education
- The Unforgettables Foundation
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Redlands-Riverside
- William & Mary Law School, Williamsburg, Virginia, JD, 2018
- University of California, Riverside, BS, summa cum laude, 2014
- The State Bar of California
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States District Court (Central District of California)
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association