Jeff T. Olsen is an Attorney in the Riverside, California, office of Varner & Brandt LLP. His practice focuses on representing, counseling and defending employers in all aspects of employment law, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour claims, leaves of absence and other related issues.
While attending law school, Jeff received a full graduate scholarship and assistantship to complete a joint-degree program with his juris doctor, receiving his master of science degree in Human Resources and Employment Relations at the Penn State School of Labor and Employment Relations. During that time, Jeff also received the Miller Center Public Interest Advocate Certification for his pro bono work.
Prior to joining Varner & Brandt, Jeff worked in the litigation practice group of a national employment defense firm, exclusively representing employers in workplace law matters through trial and arbitration. Jeff also previously served as in-house employment counsel for a large, multi-state corporation, managing all aspects of employment litigation in the organization’s California, Nevada and Texas locations.
- Labor and Employment
- Business Litigation
- Trial Practice
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Boys & Girls Club of San Clemente, Coach - Basketball
- Age Discrimination by Any Other Name: A Recent Survey of ADEA Lawsuits in California, Riverside Lawyer Magazine , Vol. 65, Is. 8 (September 2015) [Author]
- Navigating the Unmarked Path of the Independent Contractor Versus Employee Classification from the Passenger Seat, Riverside Lawyer Magazine , Vol. 65, Is. 5 (May 2015) [Author]
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, JD, 2011
- Pennsylvania State University, MS, 2012
- University of California, San Diego, BA, 2006
- The State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California)