Brad Neufeld is a Partner and attorney on Varner & Brandt’s Riverside Office Labor & Employment Team. He focuses on representing management in all aspects of employment law. He advises clients on personnel management, including employee termination, discipline and grievance matters, employee handbooks, employment contracts, personnel policies and compliance with constantly changing state and federal employment laws. His expertise extends to collective bargaining laws, the Family Leave Acts, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Employment and Housing Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and other laws that affect California employers.
Brad counsels employers on issues that include wages and hour issues, workplace violence, employee and applicant privacy, and assists employers in drafting documents for employee disciplinary matters. He responds on behalf of clients to complaints from the Department of Labor, Office for Civil Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Relying upon his extensive experience in employee relations and collective bargaining matters, Brad provides negotiating services to large and small clients. Services include acting as chief negotiator, drafting and evaluating proposals, training management on new agreements and counseling the management negotiations team on how to avoid unfair labor practice charges and employee concerted actions. He also represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board and the Public Employment Relations Board.
An integral part of the services Brad provides is the development of effective and lawful personnel policies and procedures tailored to meet the specific needs of each employer.
He also serves as outside general counsel to various public agencies, including special districts, school districts and community college districts within the Inland Southern California region, where he provides his clients General Counsel advice and the coordination of services for the firm’s several specialized practice areas. Brad also counsels clients on compliance with the Brown Act and the Public Records Act.
- Labor and Employment
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- American Bar Association Committee on State and Local Government Bargaining and Employment Law
- New Employment Laws Updates, Riverside Chamber of Commerce, 2011-2019
- Wine Growers Association
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, JD, 1986
- University of California, Riverside, BS, 1982, with honors
- The State Bar of California, Labor Law Section
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Section Management
- Riverside County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Southern and Central Districts of California)
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court