Varner, Kristin C.
Kristin Varner is an attorney in the firm’s Riverside office. Her practice areas include: land acquisition, use and development; leasing; redevelopment and affordable housing finance and development. Kristin represents public and private clients in retail, office, industrial and mixed use developments. Much of her practice involves counseling clients through all stages of the real estate development process.
For the past several years, Kristin has been involved in and has provided counsel to a number of neighborhood revitalization initiatives, redevelopment projects and affordable housing developments in the Inland Empire. Her experience in redevelopment also enables her to advise California Oversight Boards on the winding down of former redevelopment agencies.
Kristin is a strong community supporter with a passion for health and children’s issues. She has served on several non-profit Boards including being a founding Board Director of the Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital Big Hearts for Little Hearts Riverside Guild, a Board Director for the Junior League of Riverside, Vice President and Board Director for the Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council, and President and Board Director for All Saints' Carden Academy.
In 2005, the Junior League of Riverside honored Kristin with the Spirit of Volunteerism Award in recognition of her outstanding and unique Junior League of Riverside contributions. Inland Empire Magazine featured Kristin in the article “Top 20 Under 40 To Watch” which highlighted twenty young professionals in the community who place high priority on giving back and serving their community.
Kristin received her Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in Political Science from UCLA. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from University of California, Hastings College of Law. She is a member of the State Bar of California, the Riverside County Bar Association and the California Redevelopment Association.
When not practicing law, Kristin enjoys spending time with her family and friends and supporting her two daughters in their academic, athletic and artistic pursuits. She and her family also enjoy volunteering and serving the community together through their church and Girl Scout activities.
- Affordable Housing
- Environmental Law
- Land Use
- Real Estate
- The revitalization and development of a fairgrounds and fair complex in San Bernardino, California.
- The reuse and commercial/industrial development of former Air Force base facilities in Riverside County, California.
- The development of a mixed-use and neighborhood-oriented entertainment, retail, professional and restaurant development in Ontario, California.
- The development of a large senior housing project in Corona, California.
- The implementation of housing programs that provide a wide range of assistance to first-time homebuyers, senior citizens and existing homeowners in numerous Inland Empire neighborhoods.
For the past several years, Kristin has been involved in and has provided counsel to a number of neighborhood revitalization initiatives, redevelopment projects and affordable housing developments in the Inland Empire, including:
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Believe Walk for the Cure, Past Event Committee Member
- Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council, Troop Leader, Past Board of Directors, Past Vice President
- Junior League of Riverside, Sustaining Member, Past Board of Directors
- Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital Big Hearts for Little Hearts Riverside Guild, Board of Directors
- All Saints' Carden Academy, Past Board of Directors, Past President
- California Redevelopment Association - Negotiation & Drafting of Exclusive Negotiation Agreements
- Lorman Educational Seminars - Brownfields Development
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, JD, 2000
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA, 1996
- American Bar Association
- California Redevelopment Association
- The State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association