David Porras joined the Varner & Brandt's Riverside team in September 1999 and in 2008 was named a partner in the firm's Civil Litigation Department. He has been a civil trial attorney for more than 25 years practicing personal injury defense, public entity defense, self-insured entity defense, insurance coverage defense, product liability defense and worker's compensation defense with extensive civil trial experience and expertise in each of those areas. His current litigation focus is on behalf of a major local retail company.
David is a member of the State Bar of California, Riverside County Bar Association, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel and Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, Barrister, Arbitration Panel Member of the Riverside Superior Court. David is admitted to practice before all courts in California.
Many years ago, a neighbor asked David's then five-year old son, what his father did for a living. Since his son had only seen his father working on pottery in his garage studio, David's son said he was an attorney and said that attorneys make pottery. His son was not far off - David is a well known local artist who works with pottery as well as being a valuable member of the Varner & Brandt Litigation Team.
David's passion for the arts leads him to offer his expertise to various community arts organizations. He is a member of Vision Quest of Yucaipa's Board of Directors, President of the Potters Guild of Yucaipa and a member of the Redlands Art Association. David is married with two children.
- Business Litigation
- Trial Practice
Honors & Awards
- BV Distinguished®, Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Vision Quest of Yucaipa, Board of Directors
- Potters Guild of Yucaipa, President
- Redlands Art Association
- Western State University College of Law, JD, 1987
- Loyola University of Los Angeles, BA, 1975
- Hastings College of Law, University of California, College of Advocacy, 1990
- University of California Law Center, Advanced Legal Education, California, Workers' Compensation Law, 1990
- Arbitration Panel Member of the Riverside Superior Court
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- The State Bar of California
- Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, Barrister, past member
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Central District of California)
3750 University Avenue, Sixth Floor
Riverside, CA 92501