Brandt, Brendan W.
Litigation Managing Partner
Brendan W. Brandt is the Litigation Managing Partner for Varner & Brandt practicing in the areas of business law, real property, labor and employment law and civil and business litigation. Brendan has handled civil litigation matters from initial investigation through trial and appeal and has practiced before the United States Supreme Court. His experience includes litigating court and jury and trials before state and federal courts in California for over 25 years. Brendan received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Los Angeles and his law degree from the University of San Diego.
Dedicated to serving his community Brendan often lends his expertise to various organizations, groups and agencies. He is an appointed member on the San Bernardino County Employees' Retirement Association (SBCERA) Board of Retirement. He also served on the Upland City Council. He was first elected to his seat in November 2002 and served as Mayor Pro Tem from 2006 to 2011.
In addition, Brendan was an elected member on the Upland Unified School District Board from 1999-2002, Vice Chairman of the Upland YMCA Board of Directors, a representative for the Baldy View Public and Private Coalition and a former executive committee member of the San Antonio Community Hospital Business Benefactors.
Brendan enjoys fishing, the outdoors and spending time with his family. He has spent over 45 years of his life in Upland. Brendan and his wife, also a lifelong "Uplander," have three children.
Honors & Awards
- 2013, 2014 Best Lawyers in America® (Selected by Peers)
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Upland City Council Member
- Baldy View Public and Private Coalition, Past Representative
- San Antonio Community Hospital Business Benefactors, Past Executive Committee Member
- Upland Unified School District, Past Board of Trustees
- Upland YMCA, Past Vice-Chairman Board of Managers
- University of San Diego, JD, 1990
- University of California at Los Angeles, BA, 1986
- The State Bar of California
- Federal Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Central and Eastern Districts of California)
- Western San Bernardino Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court